St. Joseph’s Special School
At St. Joseph’s Special School we strive to maintain open and honest communication between parents and teachers, and aim to provide a safe, caring, learning environment. St. Joseph’s Special School has a dynamic, committed and multi-talented staff who believe that all children should be encouraged to realise their full potential by recognising that every child is different with a range of talents.
A word from the Principal
As the Principal of St. Joseph’s Special School, I’m committed to continuing the good work of the school and to fostering a positive work ethic in all who work and learn here.
Throughout their time in St. Joseph’s Special School, our commitment to each child will be:
- To foster and encourage involvement by the pupil in all aspects of school life and school routines
- To support the child’s social independence and the development of friendships with peers
- To support the development of play skills
- To foster and expect age-appropriate, socially acceptable behaviour at all times
- To provide access to all areas of the curriculum at a level appropriate to the individual child
- To recognise the importance of teaching reading and writing daily, to develop speech, language and working memory skills as well as numeracy skills
- To facilitate independent learning and the ability to work and learn as part of a group
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website.
Graeme Crombie, Principal
St. Joseph’s School is a happy, child-centred, friendly and caring school, where pupils are encouraged to work to the best of their ability. The staff is committed to the development and education of each pupil to reach their full potential.
The school provides a supportive environment, for pupils, parents and staff.
St. Joseph’s School is a Co-Educational Special School for pupils aged with a Mild General Learning Disability or, with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and a General Learning Disability.
Roll Number: 19520H
Registered Charity Number: 20140120
Get In Touch
- (01) 451 5961