Welcome to St. Joseph’s Special School,
At St. Joseph’s Special School we strive to maintain open and honest communication between parents and teachers, and aim to provide a safe, caring, learning environment. St. Joseph’s Special School has a dynamic, committed and multi-talented staff who believe that all children should be encouraged to realise their full potential by recognising that every child is different with a range of talents.
A Word From the Principal
As the new Principal of St. Joseph’s Special School, I’m committed continuing the good work of the school and to fostering a positive work ethic in all who work and learn here.
Throughout their time in St. Joseph’s Special School, our commitment to each child will be:
- To foster and encourage involvement by the pupil in all aspects of school life and school routines
- To support the child’s social independence and the development of friendships with peers
- To support the development of play skills
- To foster and expect age-appropriate, socially acceptable behaviour at all times
- To provide access to all areas of the curriculum at a level appropriate to the individual child
- To recognise the importance of teaching reading and writing daily, to develop speech, language and working memory skills as well as numeracy skills
- To facilitate independent learning and the ability to work and learn as part of a group
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website.
Graeme Crombie, Principal