Thank you for patience during this difficult time as we work to prepare the school for reopening. As you will be aware the school has an ongoing summer work project to fix the heating and this has meant that we have had to re adjust our planned opening date to ensure that the building is ready in line with DES and HSE guidelines. The building works will be finished on the 31st August and we then need to deep clean the school and work to finish putting in place clear signage and safe access to hand sanitizer and sinks for washing hands before we can reopen. We have therefore set the opening day for Monday 7th September.
To help facilitate the safety of students and staff on their return to school, all our Primary and Solas classes will be starting back on a phased basis in the first week (Secondary classes will return in full from the 7th). We will bring half of the students from each Primary and Solas class in for Monday and Tuesday only, the other half of the class will come in on Wednesday and Thursday only. This will then allow class teams to spend Friday the 11th of September to update plans and prepare for the proposed full return of students the next week. We will be sending letters to each family to let you know which days your child will be attending in the first week and to update you on the School Covid Response Plan.
- School reopens on a phased basis from Monday the 7th of September.
- School uniform: Post primary and Solas 4 Grey trousers, Navy jumper and blue polo shirt. Primary school and Solas classes Navy tracksuit and red polo shirt. It is recommended that clothes are washed at the end of each school day, we therefore understand that children may attend in clean clothes other than their uniform
- School fees will stay the same as last year €120 this will cover cost of books, stationary items and photocopying.
- In line with government guidelines no pupil/student should attend school if unwell.
- Bus driver or escort may refuse to take a child who is unwell.
- If a pupil/student becomes ill in school parents are required to collect them immediately. It is essential that we have up to date contact details for all families – if you have changed your phone number you must let us know.
- We are working on a plan for pupils/students who do not travel on school transport we will let you know this as soon as possible.
- Face coverings – we would ask that all pupils wear face coving on school buses where this is possible. Further information on this will be sent out shortly
In the meantime, we are continuing to updating our schools Covid Response Plan, purchasing the necessary PPE and making changes to the school building. We are really looking forward to seeing you all again. Enjoy the last couple of week and we will keep you updated as we go.